No disk and no delays. With Windows Anytime Upgrade, you can upgrade to a more advanced edition of Windows 7ósay from Home Premium to Ultimateóin as little as 10 minutes. That way, you get to take advantage of extra features while keeping your current programs, files, and settings intact.
In the past, upgrading Windows could be a bit of a hassle. In Windows 7, the software you need comes pre installed.
In as few as 10 minutes, you can turn your netbook into a mini-entertainment center or give your laptop the ability to join a domain.
With Windows Anytime Upgrade, you can add new features to Windows 7 and do more with your PC. Itís easy, quick, and youíll keep your programs, files, and settings.
All you have to do is buy an upgrade key to unlock those new features. Windows Anytime Upgrade will walk you through the upgrade process step by step.
- Go to a local retail store to buy a Windows Anytime Upgrade key.
- Download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor . It can help you determine which features and editions of Windows 7 will run on your PC.
- On your PC, open Windows Anytime Upgrade by clicking the Start button, typing Windows Anytime Upgrade in the search box, and then clicking Windows Anytime Upgrade in the list of results.
- Follow the instructions that came with your upgrade key.
- You can use Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows 7 to a 32-bit version of Windows 7 and from a 64-bit version of Windows 7 to a 64-bit version of Windows 7, but you canít upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows 7 to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa.
- Windows Anytime Upgrade isnít available in all editions of Windows 7.
System requirements :
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
- Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM and an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space.
- Music and sound require audio output