E-Way BillBy Jain Software In Official Blog, Tech-BLOG, Tech-Forum, Technical
What is an E-Way Bill?
Another important announcement by the government of India after the GST launch is about E-Way Bill which is for all transporters and the ones who are linked to transport business.
Under GST, transporters need to carry an electronic waybill or E Way Bill when moving goods from one place to another. Since it is a new rule introduced under GST, it is necessary for all consignors/consignees/transporters to be aware of the required compliance.
E-way bill is an electronic waybill for movement of goods which can be generated on the GSTN (common portal). A movement of goods of more than Rs.50,000 in value cannot be made by a registered person without an e-way bill. E-way bill will also be allowed to be generated or canceled through SMS. When an e-way bill is generated a unique e-way bill number (EBN) is allocated and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.
When Should an E-Way Bill be generated?
E-way bill will be generated when there is movement of goods in the booking and loading in truck?
1. In relation to a supply
2. For reasons other than a supply
3. Due to inward supply from an unregistered person
4. To apply returns in a way
Can e-way bills be used during return filing?
1. The information provided in Part A of the Form GST EWB-01 can be used for preparing GSTR-1.
Who can generate an E-way bill?
1. E-way bill must be generated when there is a movement of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value to or from a Registered Person. A Registered person or the transporter may choose to generate and carry e-way bill even if the value of goods is less than Rs 50,000.
2. Unregistered persons or their transporters may also choose to generate an e-way bill. This means that an e-way bill can be generated by both registered and unregistered persons. However, where a supply is made by an unregistered person to a registered person, the receiver will have to ensure all the compliances are met as if they were the supplier.
What is the validity of an e-way bill?
E-way bill is valid for certain periods and is listed below based on the distance traveled by the goods
|1 day||Date & time at which e-way bill is generated||Up to 100km|
|An extra day||Date & time at which e-way bill is generated||For every 100 km after that|
The advantage of the e-way bill?
The important advantage of an e-way bill is the that government will have all the details of the transported material in each and every truck which will help in proper monitoring and reduce black marketing in India.
For Other Reference log in to: