By Jain Software In Official Blog, Tech-BLOG, Tech-Forum, Technical
Introduction of GiFi:
- GI-FI means gigabit wireless.
- Worlds first transceiver integrated on single chip.
- Operates on 60ghz on the CMOS process.
- Allows wireless transfer of audio and video data at upto 5GB per second.
- Transfer data within an indoor environment usually within a range of 10ms.
- Man behind Gi-Fi is Professor Stan Skafidis of Melbourne university.
Evolution of GiFi:
The reason for pushing into Gi-Fi technology is because of
- slow rate,
- high power consumption,
- low range of frequency operations of earlier technologies i.e. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi’s.
Gi-Fi Access Devices:
Application of GiFi:
- In wireless PAN networks.
- Inter-vehicle communication system.
- Huge data file transfer.
- Office appliances.
- Video information transfer.