GOOGLE Voice is telecommunication service by google.
Google voice service from invitation only to be a available to all Gmail subscribers.
Google voice currently provides free pc –to-phone calling and PC-to voice and video calling.
- Telecommunications service by Google
- Launched on March 11, 2009
- Formerly Grand Central
- Originally founded in 2005 by Craig Walker and Vincent Paquet
- Acquired by Google on July 2, 2007 for $95 million
- Google team worked on the project secretly after the time of purchase until the launch
- Added many additional features while still keeping the same general services previously provided
Google Voice basics Requirements:
To get started with Google Voice, sign in with your existing or create a new Google Account to get started.
Then, you’ll just need a touch-tone phone, and these requirements on your computer:
1. Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Mac, Linux
2. Web browser: IE6 & above, Firefox 3 & above, Safari 3 & above, Google Chrome
3. Flash 8 and above required
How it works:
Google Voice can be used with an existing phone number or a new Google phone number.
- With an existing number:
1. Google Voicemail
2. International Calling
4. Share Voicemail
- With a Google number:
Benefits: there are lots of benefits provided by that features-
- Cutting costs of long distance calls
- Free calls and SMS in the US and Canada
- International calls as low as $0.02 per minute
- Voicemail transcripts. Reading of voicemail messages online.
- Downloading of voicemail.
- Call recording and online archiving.
- Blocking calls from specified numbers.
- Answering incoming calls on any configured phone.
- Switching of phones during a call.
- Conference calling.
- Notification of voicemail messages via email or SMS.
Google Voice Applications: there are some voice applications available in market-
For Blackberry and Android phones
GV Dialer- routes your call by dialing to your Google number and connecting you to the destination number.
GV Mobile- dial, retrieve and delete recent call history, playback and delete voicemails take calls from different phones other than your iPhone, forward calls, etc.
Google Voice Desktop App- quick desktop access to your voicemail and SMS messages.
Setting Google Account: Follow the step by step procedure to setting up google account in your application ask you.