What is Blue Brain?By Jain Software In Official Blog, Programming, Tech-BLOG, Tech-Forum, Technical
- “Blue brain” `The name of the world’s first virtual brain. That means a machine that can function as human brain.
- The main aim is to upload human brain into machine.
- Is it possible..? Answer is “yes”
- The IBM is now developing a virtual brain known as the Blue brain. It would be the world’s first virtual brain.
What is Virtual Brain?
- We can say Virtual brain is an artificial brain, which does not actually the natural brain, but can act as the brain.
- It can think like brain, take decisions based on the past experience, and response as the natural brain can.
Why need Virtual Brain?
Today we are developed because of our intelligence. Intelligence is the inborn quality that can not be created .Some people have this quality ,so that they can think up to such an extent where other can not reach .
Human society is always need of such intelligence and such an intelligent brain to have with. But the intelligence is lost along with the body after the death. The virtual brain is a solution to it.
Normal Brain VS Simulated Brain-
- Normal Brain-
- INPUT: Through the natural neurons
- INTERPRETATION: By different states of the neurons in the brain.
- OUTPUT: Through the natural neurons.
- PROCESSING: Through arithmetic and logical calculations.
- MEMORY: Through permanent states of neurons
- Simulated Brain-
- INPUT: Through the silicon chip or artificial neurons
- INTERPRETATION: By a set of bits in the set of register .
- OUTPUT: Through the silicon chip.
- PROCESSING: Through arithmetic and logical calculation and artificial intelligence
- MEMORY: Through Secondary memory
Artificial Neural Network of Brain:
Uploading Human Brain:
- The uploading is possible by the use of small robots known as the Nanobots
- These robots are small enough to travel through out our circulatory system. They will be able to monitor the activity and structure of our central nervous system.
- They will be able to provide an interface with computers that is as close as our mind can be while we still reside in our biological form.
- Nanobots could also carefully scan the structure of our brain, providing a complete readout of the connections.
- This information, when entered into a computer, could then continue to function as us.
- Thus the data stored in the entire brain will be uploaded into the computer.
Hardware & Software Requirement:
1.A super computer
2.Memory with a very large storing capacity
3.Processor with a very high processing power
4.A very wide network.
5. 100 kilowatts power consumption.
6.A program to convert the electric impulses from the brain to input signal, which is to be received by the computer, and vice versa.
7.Very powerful Nanobots to act as the interface between the natural brain and the computer
Further, there are many new dangers these technologies will open. We will be susceptible to new forms of harm.
- We become dependent upon the computer systems.
- Others may use technical knowledge against us.
- Computer viruses will pose an increasingly critical threat.
- The real threat, however, is the fear that people will have of new technologies. Clear evidence of this type of fear is found today with respect to human cloning.